Monday, September 29, 2008

Malaika's son has huge crush on Katrina Kaif


Guess who is eyeing Salman Khan's girlfriend Katrina Kaif? It's none other than his four year-old-nephew Arhaan, son of Malaika Arora and Arbaaz!

'My four-year-old son Arhaan has the most incurable crush on Katrina. Whenever she's around, I become completely unimportant to my son,' Malaika told IANS.

'It's a family joke that Arhaan is smitten by Katrina. Every time Katrina and I speak she wants to know where Arhaan is so she could take him out,' she said.

After Katrina, Kareena Kapoor too is a favourite with the little boy.

'When Arbaaz and I visited Kareena's location in Hollywood last month, Arhaan became a total lamb. I ceased to exist. Everything was about Kareena only. And I was shocked when my boy, who gives me a hard time feeding him, would ask for everything that Kareena ordered at restaurants and eat quietly without taking his eyes off Kareena,' said Malaika, who's known for her dance moves in hit songs like Chaiyya chaiyya.

Far from sharing cold vibes with Salman's friend Katrina, Malaika actually shares a good rapport with the actress who has written new box office rules by giving six back-to-back hits.

So what are these stories about Malaika's cold war with Katrina?

'There's absolutely nothing to this talk of my cold war with Katrina. I've no space or time for having these kinds of issues with people. I feel life is too precious for these kinds of run-ins.

'It was written that I didn't attend Katrina's birthday. But I was shooting for my reality show (Zara Nach Ke Dikha) and I couldn't make it. Is that a crime? Are there laws against skipping a family gathering because I was working?

'It was said I didn't go to Katrina's birthday because I couldn't get along with her. Bullshit! And now we're supposed to have shared cold vibes with Katrina at Salman's sister birthday party. Why would I spoil Arpita's party by behaving like such a party-pooper?'

Malaika says she's a total family woman.

'These are very upsetting rumours because it involves the entire family. I'm such a family person. I'd drop anything for family. Katrina isn't someone I hang around with every day or go out with for coffees and lunches. But she's part of our family and I completely respect her presence.

'But, no, she isn't part of my close friends' circle. Both of us come from decent families. My parents would slap me if I misbehaved with anyone, least of all Katrina who is part of our family.'

'No one from Arbaaz's side or my own side of the family can accuse me of behaving highhandedly or aloof. I go out of my way for family. My mother would kick my ass if I behaved like a prima donna. Someone is obviously getting a lot of pleasure by spreading these rumours.'

No comments: